Friday, January 28, 2011

Tracy Journal Step 2: #1

"Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; beliee that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend." Mosiah 4:9

Many witnesses in heaven and in earth testify of God's existence. What evidence of God and His love have you experienced?


What's interesting to me is that I've never questioned or doubted God and His love for me. I did often think I wasn't special or worthy of His love, but I never doubted He gave it to me anyways. In EVERY, and I mean EVERY single blessing I've ever been given (whether to be set apart, or healed, or father's blessings, or just a comfort blessing, etc.) I've been told how much my Heavenly Father loves me. In my patriarchal blessing I'm told numberous times how much I'm loved. So why after all those affirmations of love and support, did I and sometimes still do, doubt my Heavenly Father? I've seen small miracles and some mighty miracles in my life. I see the beauty around me and see my loving Creator's hand and the masterpieces He's made. I have felt His loving guidance in making choices that would alter my life. I have felt that same guidance in making small, daily decisions. So why is it so easy to forget that loving guidance and make these decisions on my own? I always feel better when the Lord is in charge of my life, so why can't I just let Him? This is something I will be pondering about today as I go through my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment