Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Tracy Journal #2

"It came to pass that it was for the space of many hours before Moses did again recieve his natural strength like unto man; and he said unto himself: Now, for this cause I know that man is nothing, which thing I never had supposed." Moses 1:10

How did Moses describe himself as compared to God?
He described himself as nothing.

How can a little child be of infinite worth and still be nothing compared to his or her parents?
I think the word "nothing" is misleading. Without the sustaining and supporting of the parent, the child wouldn't survive. He would flounder and I guess in a sense be nothing.

In what ways are you nothing when you do not have the help of God?
I'm definitely like a little child. I flounder. I squirm. I make mistakes. I can't seem to do it on my own. I say I will do one thing, and then I fail. I need the help of God. I need His love and support. He sustains me.

In what ways are you of infinite worth?
Just by being who I am makes me of infinite worth. I'm created in God's image. He gave me life. You know, every night I sing to my children before bed and I find it interesting the differences in singing "you are my sunshine" and "I'm a Child of God". I try and sing "I'm a Child of God" to Maggie everyday because I really, truly want her to know who she is. Because as a child of God, she is so extrememly important and special. It makes her life have meaning and purpose. To know who you truly are, gives you strength and conviction to do what is right. Why is it so easy to forget that for yourself?

Write about how recognizing your helplessness to overcome your addiction on your own can bring you to admit your own nothingness and become as a litle child.
Like I said earlier, a child is solely dependent upon his/her parent for everything...physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually. They rely on their parent to teach them and lead them and at times, discipline them. They need that constant direction and love. I am truly helpless to overcome this food addiction on my own. I use food to fill a void that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ ache to fill. I need to be more like an infant child and less like a stubborn one and ask for help. God gives me everything in my life and I know that even in this area He has interest and concern for me. He loves me and wants to sustain me.

No comments:

Post a Comment