Friday, January 21, 2011

Tracy Journal #3

"Blessed are they which do hunger and thrist after righteousness: for they shall be filled" (Matthew 5:6)
"And my soul hungered; and I kneeled down before my Maker, and I cried unto him in mighty prayer and supplication for mine own soul; and all the day long did I cry unto him; yea, and when the night came I did still raise my voice high that it reached the heavens" (Enos 1:4)


Okay, so just a thought before I read through the questions and answer them. I love this idea that I can be "filled" if I hunger after righteousness. So really, if I my desire is to do the Lord's will and have that at the foremost of my mind, my belly can be filled with the Spirit and I won't hunger after other things like food that will harm me and my soul. The other thought I had was, I sure hope my prayers are mighty.

In these two scriptures, we learn that our souls can hunger. Do you ever feel empty inside, even when you are physically hungry? What causes that emptiness?
Yes. It's that emptiness that makes me seek food or spending or sleeping or any of the other number of things I do to avoid that emptiness. I think it's caused by the spirit beckoning you back "home". It's a way for the Spirit to remind you to turn to the Lord rather than your own pitiful strength.

How can your hunger for things of the Spirit help you be more honest?
I already feel more honest. I have reached out and asked for help when I need it. I have been open with Eddie and with others and I feel like it's helped me to see the situation for what it really is. When we hunger after the Spirit and the things of righteousness, everything else in our life falls into proper perspective. I'm just so grateful I'm getting this area of my life in check now, so that I can have the Lord by myside blessing me with his spirit during these trying, exruciating really, 8 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment