Monday, January 24, 2011

Sab Journal 2

"It came to pass that it was for the space of many hours before Moses did again receive his natural strength like unto man; and he said unto himself: Now, for this cause I know that man is nothing, which thing I never had supposed." Moses 1:10

How did Moses describe himself as compared to God?
Nothing - which was something he had never thought before.

How can a little child be of infinite worth and still be nothing compared to his or her parents?
I think because a child is innocent, so whatever he does, its not for the purpose of returning to Heavenly Father - when we, as adults (or parents) do things, its with a knowledge of what we are doing. And the child is of infinite worth because we are ALL of infinite worth. Also, parents have this little thing called responsibility, which is a big reason I'm not ready to become one.

In what ways are you nothing when you do not have the help of God?
I am so so so stubborn. In my daily life, I like to think that I am going at it alone, when in reality, the only reason I am here is because of God. God gave me David, who is the biggest help in my life, and whom I would pretty much be lost without. I know that God knows I am stubborn and has David soften my heart towards praying and reading scriptures and acknowledging God's presence in our life. When I don't rely on God, things are a lot more difficult, I am a lot more stressed, and things seem a lot more dire.

In what ways are you of infinite worth?
Ugh. I hate saying good things about myself, but to put it simply, in the words of a YW song, I am of worth, of infinite worth, for Jesus the Savior Loves Me. (I think thats how it went). I am worthy of the atonement because Christ did it for me.

Write about how recognizing your helplessness to overcome your addiction on your own can bring you to admit your own nothingness and become as a litle child.
Okay, so recognizing helplessness is hard for me. I was raised by two very capable and put-together people, and being an un-put together mess is a hard thing for me to deal with being. But by accepting this fact, I can start to change my behavior and rely on God to help me overcome my issues with food. Its really hard for me, and I have a feeling that I will have to work the 12 steps many times before they really sink in.

No comments:

Post a Comment